- How can I get a library card if I am not associated with Dickinson State University?
If you have a Dickinson Public Library card, you may use this to check out library materials at Stoxen Library. Otherwise, a Special Borrower card can be issued to you upon presentation of a valid North Dakota driver’s license. Users must be 18 years of age for the Special Borrower card. This card is valid for one calendar year, is free of charge and can be renewed.
- How many items can I check out?
You may check out 20 books and 10 DVDs/videos.
- Can I renew an item?
Yes, if no one else has placed a hold on it.
- Can I request an interlibrary loan (something not owned by Stoxen Library)?
- Can I check out a laptop, camcorder or other equipment?
No, equipment is for on-campus users only.
- Can I use the electronic library databases?
Yes, you may use the databases from a library computer, however, you may not access databases from your home or office.
- What are the library’s borrowing and fine policies?
Click here to read our circulation policy.