Theodore Roosevelt Honors Program
How to Apply
If you are a driven individual seeking to improve academic, social and leadership skills while enjoying the $3,000 TR Scholarship, the TRHLP encourages you to submit the materials listed below.
- Complete the scholarship application found in the TRHLP brochure.*
- A two to three page essay addressing the following questions and a resume that lists extracurricular activities you are/have been involved in, highlighting leadership positions held.
- Comment on books and readings that have impacted your life philosophy
- What experiences have helped to shape your life?
- What gifts, talents and abilities do you possess that will enhance the TR Program and DSU community?
- A resume that lists extracurricular activities you are/have been involved in, highlighting leadership positions held.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A copy of your high school transcript (college/university transcript if you are applying as a transfer student.
* To request a TRHLP brochure, please e-mail TRHLP Office Manager Marietta Kovash at email@example.com., or call 701-483-2114.
All materials can be submitted to:
Theodore Roosevelt Honors Leadership Program
Dickinson State University
291 Campus Drive
Dickinson, ND 58601
Qualifications for becoming accepted as a Theodore Roosevelt Honors Leadership Program participant are:
Incoming freshmen must have a 3.5 grade point average or higher in high school and/or:
- ACT score of 26 or higher
- SAT score of 1770 or higher
Students may enter the TRHLP as sophomore or juniors; however, a contract must be made to complete all coursework to graduate with distinction
- Transfer students must have a college/university GPA of 3.25 or higher