Institutional Review Board
All research involving human subjects conducted at or through Dickinson State University, whether or not external funding is received, must have Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval prior to project initiation. DSU students conducting research must be mentored by a faculty member. Federal regulations for human subject research established by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and described in the Code of Federal Regulations 45 CFR 46.
2016 -17 IRB members
Dr. Suzanne Russ, Associate Professor of Psychology (Chair), Dr. Karen Hale, Associate Professor of Sociology; Dr. Debora Dragseth, Professor of Business; Ms. Audrey Charchenko, Assistant Professor of Nursing; Dr. Chris Hertler, Practicing Clinical Psychologist (community representative)
To complete an IRB application, please complete the appropriate forms below and email them to email@example.com. Each member of the research team must submit a National Institutes of Health training certificate. The IRB meets on alternate Mondays in 2016-17 to review requests.
- Application for IRB review: Please use this form to complete a request for an initial IRB.
- Application for IRB renewal: Please use this form to complete a request for renewal of an approved IRB.
- Application for Exempt status: Please use this form if you believe your research is exempt from the requirement for IRB approval. See additional information in the document “IRB Minimal Risk Checklist” below.
- Section A. Funding Source
- Section B. DSU Students as Subjects
- Section C. Prisoners
- Section D. Minors Under 18
- Section E. Cognitively Impaired
- Section F. Consent Waiver Form
- Public Datasets Nomination Form: Use this form if you wish to request that a public dataset be approved for research.
- NIH Training Site: This link may be used to complete your NIH training and receive your NIH training certificate.
- IRB Meeting Schedule and Deadlines
- IRB Minimal Risk Checklist
- NIH Human Subjects Training Manual
- Sample: Child Assent Form
- Sample: Informed Consent form
- Sample: Parent Consent
- DSU Public Datasets Policy