Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Center for Multicultural Affairs?
The Center for Multicultural Affairs provides academic, social, and transition support for international students and scholars, Native American students, students from historically underrepresented populations, and DSU students studying and living abroad. Our staff works with DSU students, faculty, and staff to expand their awareness of the wider DSU community by developing programs and initiatives in the areas of diversity and multiculturalism. Our mission is to promote exchange and dialogue between people of different countries, ethnic backgrounds, and cultures by supporting the University’s efforts to increase, retain, and support the presence and success of a diverse student body population. The Center for Multicultural Affairs also assists students with the admission process and administers our Global Awareness Tuition Award and Cultural Diversity Tuition award programs.
What services are offered through the Center for Multicultural Affairs?

The Center for Multicultural Affairs offers the following services: 

  • Admission
  •  Academic advising
  •  Transition support
  •  Financial Aid counseling

How do I apply for Dickinson State University?

You can apply easily online here. Our helpful advisors are ready to assist you. Toll Free: 1-800-279-HAWK (4295)

Is Financial Aid available?
Financial aid is available for all qualified students who are United States citizens. The completion of FAFSA is required in order to obtain financial aid and be awarded the Cultural Diversity Tuition Award. It is recommended students apply by March 15th to be eligible to receive statewide grants as well as the potential to acquire on campus work-study employment. Please call us if you have any questions about Cultural Diversity Tuition Waiver or other available scholarships that are ethically specific. Toll Free: 1-800-279-HAWK (4599).