APPLY FOR ADMISSION
You may apply for admission to Dickinson State by clicking the "APPLY NOW" button on your VIP homepage. Using the same username and password you created for your VIP page, you can log into the online application for admission.
Here's a list of admissions documents along with your application, that we'll need to grant you full admission to Dickinson State:
- $35 Application Fee
- ACT or SAT score*
- Official High School and/or College Transcripts in an officially sealed envelope
- College Preparatory Course Report Form*
- Copy of shot records
*-Students over the age of 25 on the first day of classes are exempt from CORE & ACT/SAT requirements
Applicants seeking admissions to Dickinson State University must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Admissions requires completion of the following high school curriculum (CORE):
- 4 units of English
- 3 units of mathematics, Algebra 1 and above
- 3 units of laboratory science
- 3 units of social studies
*Students age 25 or older on the first day of class are exempt from CORE requirements
Admission requires completion of the American College Test (ACT) battery (preferred) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). A student must achieve a minimum score of 18 on the ACT or 870 on the SAT (critical reading + math scores). The following exceptions apply:
- Students age 25 or older on the first day of class.
- Students from foreign countries other than Canada.
- Students transferring 24 or more semester credits accepted into a degree program at the receiving campus.
APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
Make sure to apply for institutional scholarship opportunities through the Dickinson State Alumni and Foundation. Applications will be accepted starting October 1st, and the priority deadline is December 15th.
APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available online. Applications are accepted as early as January 1st. The priority deadline for grants and work study qualification is April 15th.
Dickinson State's FAFSA School Code is: 002989
Apply for Housing
- Under the age of 21
- Those students with fewer than 60 credits are required to live on campus
- Those students whose parents/guardians live within a 25 mile radius of campus can receive an off campus exemption.
-Students who are exempt from the policy may choose, on a voluntary basis, to purchase a Room and Board Package. If residing in the residence halls, students must purchase a board plan.
To apply for housing log into your VIP page and click on the link in the lower right corner of the page.
For more information and FAQ’s on Residential Life click here .
ATTEND SOAR Registration
After you receive full acceptance into Dickinson State University, you may attend an orientation session to sign up for classes for the upcoming semester.