- Online courses are those offered via the Internet. With this instructional format, people anywhere are able to access college credit courses from Dickinson State University.
- Online courses do not require attendance on campus.
- Online courses follow the regular academic calendar as established by the North Dakota University System (NDUS)
- Online courses are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week throughout the semester.
- Online study allows students flexibility in scheduling their study time and in completing their assigned work.
- Most online courses have set due dates for assignments and quizzes as established by the individual instructor
Is Online For Me
- Students are able to order their books online from the University Store at Dickinson State University.
- Students in full semester classes will follow the calendar found in the campus catalog for expected completion dates.
- First-time Dickinson State University students will be charged a $35 nonrefundable application fee.
- Tuition for online classes is charged on a per credit basis. Click here for the current Distance Education tuition and fees.
- Payment can be made by check, money order, or credit card.
Office of Financial Aid
Students are eligible for Federal Financial Aid if:
- They are working toward diplomas or associate degrees from Dickinson State University.
- They are working toward a collaborative online North Dakota University System Associate of Arts degree.
Students are not eligible for Federal Financial Aid if:
- They are not working toward diplomas or associate degrees. (Non-degree students)
- WIA (Job Service)
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- VA Vocational Rehabilitation
- Private Lending Institutions
- Military Tuition Assistance
Students who drop a class or classes and remain in school will receive refunds based on the following schedule:
- First seven (7) class days = 100%
- Thereafter = 0%
- Click here for a further breakdown of refund amounts.
Although a refund won’t be granted after the 7th class day for class changes, the student may add the same number of online credit hours at no charge, plus any additional fees.
For students who must withdraw from school after registration of the fall or spring semester, please contact the Office of Extended Learning.
- Contact the Extended Learning office.
- (701) 483-2166