Information Technology Services
- Antivirus Software Download
- Check your DSU E-mail
- Connect ND (Campus Connection/PeopleSoft)
- NDUS Login
- Computer Lab Schedules
- Microsoft Home Use Program
- Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus for DSU Students
- NDUS Policy
Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus Available Free for DSU Students
Beginning Spring 2014, Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus is available for current DSU students at no cost. Students will be able to take advantage of all that Office 365 ProPlus has to offer. DSU students must be enrolled for college credit to be eligible for the program and must connect to the Internet once every 30 days to confirm their eligibility status.
What is included with Office 365 ProPlus?
- Office 365 ProPlus for PC or Mac (Office 2013 ProPlus base applications)
- Includes Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and more
- Office Mobile for iPhone
- Office Mobile for Android
How many computers/devices can I use this on?
Each student can run Office 365 ProPlus on up to five PC or Mac computers and Office Mobile for Android or iPhone on up to 5 mobile devices.
Is this a full version of Office and available for offline use?
Yes, this is a full version of Office on the PC, Mac, iPhone, and Android platform and all are available for offline use.
If you have any additional questions or would like assistance, please contact DSU Helpdesk.
Download and Install Office 365 ProPlus
- Go to www.outlook.com/my.dickinsonstate.edu
- Log in using your student email address (typically firstname.lastname@example.org) and password
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner, and then select Office 365 settings
- Click Software in the left menu
- Select your desired Language
- If you are installing Office for Windows, Microsoft recommends using the 32-bit installation
- Click Install to download and install the latest version of Office
Antivirus Software Download
The North Dakota University System recently moved to implement Microsoft’s Forefront Endpoint Protection software. Forefront Endpoint Protection software is antivirus software that will replace McAfee's antivirus software on all institutionally owned Windows-based computers.
The NDUS Agreement with McAfee for antivirus, antispam, antispyware software expires March 31, 2012. Therefore if you obtained McAfee for use on your home computer(s) from the NDUS or DSU sites, it must be uninstalled by the expiration date.
Microsoft Security Essentials is a free application that can be downloaded for use on employee/student personal computers. It is available from Microsoft Microsoft Security Essentails or the NDUS software download page located at https://software.ndus.edu/.
At this time there is not a Forefront installation for Macintosh computers. There are many anti-virus solutions for the Macintosh computer, both free and retail. While DSU does not endorse any particular program, free programs such as ClamXav can provide effective protection.