Monday – Friday: 1 – 4:30 p.m.
Closed National Holidays, Saturday and Sunday
Appointments are required for all exams at the DSU Testing Center. Please contact the Testing Center Coordinator via email or phone. Appointments should be made at least two days in advance.
A Dickinson State University student ID is required of all DSU students in order to use the services of the Testing Center. Non-DSU students taking tests at our Testing Center may use a driver’s license or other government issued photo ID.
DSU Testing Services
The following tests are available through the DSU Testing Center.
- 2016 2017 Testing Services and Fees
- College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Computer-Adaptive Placement and Assessment System (COMPASS)
- Dantes Subject Standardized Test (DSST)
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
Proctoring Service for Online Course Exams
The DSU Technology Resource & Education Center provides proctoring services for online students to take online course exams. Click here for more information.
Questions should be directed to the DSU Technology Resource & Education Center at 701-483-2166.
Placement test tips for success
Preparation for placement test(s) is important. DSU has a retest policy that allows repeat placement testing within 7 weeks and includes the proctoring fee per retest. We encourage you to visit the DSU Academic Success Center website or the websites below to prepare for your test(s) in advance.
Tutoring is available for students enrolled at Dickinson State.
Financial Aid & Degree Audit
Remedial classes do not count toward a degree audit. However, they will count toward financial aid (up to 30 credits). If students are admitted into an eligible program and take remedial coursework within that program, they can be considered a regular student. The remedial courses must be at least at the high school level.
Retest policy & DSU Universal Proctoring Fee
DSU students can repeat placement tests twice within a 7 week period.
- DSU students
- DSU Online Courses: No charge
- Non-DSU Online Courses: Please see below.
- Placement Test: First exam – no charge. Retest - $15.00 per exam up to the first hour and $5.00 for each additional hour.
- For Non-DSU/ In-state Schools
- $15.00 per exam up to the 1st hour
- $ 5.00 for each additional hour
- For Non-DSU/ Out-of-state Schools/ non-academic testing
- $20.00 per exam up to the 1st hour
- $5.00 for each additional hour