About the Department
Through the completion of a degree program within the Department of Business and Management at DSU, a student will have gained the knowledge necessary to finding success in a career in our thriving commercial world. Our comprehensive and innovative programs help you become a skilled, principled, and entrepreneurial graduate who will have a positive and lasting impact upon your profession, company, and community.
DSU’s Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management program received recognition and acknowledgement from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) as aligning with “...the recommended requirements for HR degree programs as outlined in the SHRM HR Curriculum guidebook and Templates.” The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world’s largest HR professional society, representing 285,000 members in more than 165 countries.
Courses Now Available In New 8 Week Online Format! Ask Your Advisor!
DSU accounting faculty were recognized by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the American Accounting Association with an award for the most innovative accounting program for upper-level accounting courses in the nation, providing a unique educational experience in a hybrid learning environment. This learning environment is designed to appeal to the student that wants flexibility in their learning environment and experience that can work as far ahead as he or she wants in a given semester, provided that he or she is mastering the material.
DSU accounting was recognized as the 7th most affordable online accounting program in the nation that offers the unique breadth of courses online.
DSU’s CPA Experience is changing the way students learn accounting …
You are not coming to class, you are going work!
If your goal is to run your own business or become a company president or leader, DSU’s CPA Experience is the place for you! Launched in the fall of 2013, the program is one of the first of its kind in the country. It has garnered statewide and national attention for its innovation and ability to place nearly 100 percent of graduates in accounting, finance and other positions – both in North Dakota and throughout the United States.
Employers today want graduates who can hit the ground running. The CPA Experience helps students become extremely competitive in the workplace by offering a:
- Professional office setting designed to look like a CPA firm with prescribed daily hours. Instead of showing up for class, you clock in!
- Highly interactive study tools including iPads, an interactive Apple TV and a CPA exam practice test environment
- Small class size with high one-on-one faculty interaction
- Office visits and one-on-one interviews by local CPA firms and other professionals
- Highly engaging environment with the ability to work at your own pace trained by faculty with their own CPA’s
- Customized learning tools for every student, including recorded lectures, voice-over recordings, videos, on-line problem sets, PowerPoint instructions and much more
- Supportive, dynamic atmosphere where you are ultimately responsible for mastering content and achieving the education you want
Get ready to start your professional CPA career …
Contact a DSU Faculty Member for more information at email@example.com!