On Duty Cell Phone: (701) 290-1068
Office Phone: (701) 483-1068.
Campus Security Overview
Dickinson State University Campus Security provides uniformed security for the DSU campus 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be reached at 701-290-1068. In an emergency, call 911.
Campus Security will provide referral to police and medical assistance as needed. In compliance with Campus Right-to-Know legislation & the Clery Act, security personnel will report all incidents to campus authorities or local Law Enforcement. All reportable violations are compiled in a statistical report, which is available in the Security Office and included in the Annual Security Report.
Student Identification and Access Cards are managed through Campus Security. If a replacement card is needed, you should stop by the office in Stickney Hall during regular University business hours.
University parking is regulated and monitored through Campus Security. View our parking guidelines.
Annual Safety Report
The Campus Safety Booklet/Annual Safety Report compiles specific information, including crime prevention, fire safety, law enforcement authority, crime reporting policies, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus. This report also contains information about campus crime statistics and resources to aid you in being safety-minded. Members of the campus community are encouraged to use this report as a guide for safe practices on and off-campus.
Campus Housing Fire Log
Our fire logs are an accurate representation of any and all fires or drills that may have occurred on campus, their location, and how or why they took place.
Daily Crime Log
Campus Security must create, maintain and make available a daily crime log. Log entries must include all crimes reported to DSU Campus Security, not just Clery Act crimes. The crime log for the current calendar year is open to public inspection at this site. Any portion of the log that is older than 60 days must be made available within two business days of request for public inspection.
The regulation of parking is a service to the University, and is intended to protect student, staff, and faculty pedestrian mobility; use available parking space in the best interests of the entire University; and maximize parking area consistent with Dickinson State University (DSU) Community needs. Any motorized vehicle operated on the property of Dickinson State University is subject to regulations governing parking at the institution. Campus parking may be restricted to vehicles with permits which authorize parking in that area only. Parking enforcement is conducted year-round, 24 hours per day.
How and Where to Pay Your Parking Ticket
You can pay your parking ticket with cash, check, or credit card at the Business Affairs Office in May Hall 107.
Safety & Security Tips
- Program the Security cell phone number (701-290-1068) into your personal phone. In an emergency, call 911.
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay in well lit, open areas when moving about after dark. Don’t go out alone if possible.
- Have your keys ready when approaching your vehicle. Check the interior before entering. Once inside, lock your doors.
- Park in well-lit areas. If someone is loitering where you parked, or someone approaches your vehicle, stay inside until you feel comfortable exiting the vehicle. If not, drive away or contact someone to meet you.
- After exiting your vehicle, lock it behind you.
- Write down serial numbers on any personal property that you have in your room, apartment and vehicle. Keep this information in a separate location.
- Don’t leave cash or easily stolen items laying out in plain view.
- Keep your doors locked, even if only leaving for a few minutes.
- Never prop exterior doors open.
- Never loan your room or apartment keys to another person.
- If you notice anything or anyone unusual in or around campus, report it immediately to Campus Security at 701-290-1068.
Active Shooter Awareness for the Faculty, Staff and Students: To view this course you must login to your Moodle account.