Offices: May Hall, Rooms 9 and 11.
Phone: (701) 483-2838
Fax: (701) 483-2177
Guest Use Procedure
- Each individual that requests access is logged with their name, time and affiliation on a written form.
- The guest credentials are provided to the department or office requesting access for their guest(s) from ITS.
- When they or the event is done the account is locked and password changed.
- These written logs must be kept for a minimum of 30 days.
- If you need further assistance or have more questions, please contact ITS.
- Additional instructions for connecting to DSU wireless internet.
Wireless Internet/Residence Halls Network
To make your academic life a little easier, we offer wireless network connectivity in all campus housing units. If you live in DeLong Hall, Selke Hall, Woods Hall, Main Campus Apartments, or the North Campus Apartments (Family Housing) then you qualify! To gain access to wireless connection, you should connect to the DSU_Housing wireless ID. You should then contact your resident director/ assistant for the password. You also have the option for a wired internet connection if you live in any of the residence halls excluding the North Campus Apartments (Family Housing). Each room has two available ports for connectivity. However, each user is required to provide their own network cable. The Information Technology Services Help Desk asks that you call them at (701) 483-2838 if you experience any problems connecting to the network.
In addition to the residence halls, wireless internet is also available in the following locations: Klinefelter Hall, Murphy auditoriums, Scott Gymnasium, Stickney Hall, Stoxen Library, Student Center, and Weinbergen Hall (Classrooms A & B, and Human Performance Center). The name of the wireless connection is “DSU.”
Authentication to “DSU” wireless requires DSU students and employees to provide their Campus Connection/ NDUS Account (PeopleSoft) credentials of username and password to connect to “DSU” wireless. These credentials will be input when the user opens their web browser.
Free Student Software
MICROSOFT OFFICE 365
If you are a current DSU student or employee, then Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus is available to you for no cost. If you are a DSU student you must be enrolled for college credit. If you are an employee you must be actively employed by DSU to be eligible for the program. Whether you are a student or an employee, you must connect to the Internet once every 30 days to confirm your eligibility status. Your download will include the following: Office 365 ProPlus for PC or Mac; Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, and more; Office Mobile for iPhone; and Office Mobile for Android. You can use this on up to five PC or Mac computers. You can also use Office Mobile for Android or iPhone on up to five mobile devices. It is a full version of Office and is available for offline use.
Office 365 ProPlus Download Instructions:
1) Go to http://mail.office365.com.
2) Students log in using your student email address (typically email@example.com) and password; employees log in using your DSU email account and password.
3) Click on “Office 365” in the upper left hand corner of your screen.
4) Select “Install now” on the right (be sure to select or deselect the search engine or browser homepage options).
5) Run the setup file and follow the instructions.
Antivirus Software Download
The North Dakota University System moved to implement Microsoft’s Forefront Endpoint Protection software. Microsoft Security Essentials is a free application that can be downloaded for use on employee/ student personal computers. It is available from Microsoft here or the NDUS software download page. At this time there is not a Forefront installation for Macintosh computers. There are many anti-virus solutions for the Macintosh computer, both free and retail. While DSU does not endorse any particular program, free programs such as ClamXav can provide effective protection.
Click for schedules:
Ag. Department Room 103
Stoxen Library (open lab/no classes)