Collaborative students are students who are earning their degree from Dickinson State
University but will be taking course(s) at another NDUS institution within the same
Dickinson State University, where you are receiving your degree, is your HOME institution. The institution where you are taking additional course(s) but not receiving your degree, is your PROVIDER institution.
Dickinson State University will:
- Combine credits taken at the provider campus with credits at DSU for federal financial aid purposes. As a reminder, credits cannot be combined for institutional aid purposes.
- Add tuition owed to the provider institution to the DSU bill
- Tuition from the provider campus will not be added to the DSU account until the end of the second business day after the 100% drop date of the regular session.
- Students not using financial aid have the option to pay DSU by the designated due date. The provider campus charges are viewable on Campus Connection and can be paid to DSU or directly to the provider campus.
- Record credits from the provider institution on the DSU transcript as transfer credits at the end of the semester.
Collaborative credits do not count toward your full-time enrollment (12 credits) at DSU. This is especially important if you are receiving any type of institutional aid at DSU, including the Presidential Scholarship, Heritage Foundation scholarships, and institutional waivers. If you have questions about your financial aid status, please call the DSU Financial Aid office at: 701-483-2371.
Please understand that by enrolling in collaborative credits, you may not be enrolled full-time directly at Dickinson State University. Therefore, you may not be eligible to receive institutional aid.
- Be admitted to DSU as a degree-seeking student
- Resolve negative holds that would prevent enrollment
- Agree to follow all DSU policies, procedures, dates, and deadlines
- Be enrolled in at least one class from DSU for the semester you are requesting to take a collaborative course
Courses not eligible for Collaborative Registration are:
- Courses for which you have not met the prerequisites
- Courses offered at the same time and in the same manner at DSU, except in instances where articulation agreements dictate otherwise.
- Courses that, when combined with DSU credits, would put you over 18 semester hours for fall or spring terms or 7 semester hours for the summer term without approval from your advisor.
- You should not submit a collaborative request until registered for DSU courses.
- When DSU receives the form, they will check your eligibility.
- DSU will send the provider institution permission to complete registration of requested courses.
- The provider institution will send you a confirmation email that you are enrolled within 1.5 to 2 weeks after the registration has been submitted. You are not registered until you receive this confirmation email.
- A collaborative hold will be placed on your account preventing you from making changes. Changes to collaborative courses must be initiated through DSU. To make changes to your schedule, you must submit a collaborative request through the online form.
- For additional information, contact Nicky Kadrmas at 701-319-6660 or email email@example.com.