New Student Registration
Fall 2022 Registration Sessions
- Friday, May 27 (In Person)
- Friday, June 17 (Virtual)
- Friday, July 8 (In Person)
- Friday, July 22 (Virtual)
- Friday, August 5 (In Person)
- Friday, August 19 (In Person)
During these mandatory sessions, you will:
- Meet with an advisor
- Take placement exams
- Register for classes
- Get your parking pass and student ID
- Visit with DSU staff about housing and financial aid
- Meet other incoming students
- Driver’s License or official form of identification
- Immunization Records (If you haven’t already submitted them.)
We may recommend you take placement tests for English and/or math courses. Whether you need to take these tests or not depends on your math and English ACT or SAT subscores or applicable transfer credits. If we recommend you take placement tests, you will take the Accuplacer Test.
If you're attending a virtual New Student Registration event and are recommended for testing, you will take the test virtually. You must contact the Admissions Office by calling or texting 701-354-2614 to schedule a virtual placement test.
*New Student Registration is supported by a non-refundable student fee charged to all new first-year and transfer students. This fee helps cover the cost of programming, materials, food, and staffing. This fee charge will be added to the student account as part of tuition and fees.