Grievance Procedures

Internal Grievance Procedure

Students may use the Grievance Policy for Accommodations to appeal the University's decisions regarding requests for accommodations.

External Grievance Procedure

Students with disabilities, who feel the University may have violated their civil rights, may file a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). The OCR enforces federal civil rights laws. These laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, and age in programs or activities that receive federal financial assistance from the Department of Education (ED).

Channel for Communication Relating to Disability Services

Disability Services Specialist > Associate Provost > Provost

Report an Access Barrier

All are encouraged to report physical access problems (e.g., icy walking path, elevator not working). If you encounter any barriers at DSU, please contact Facilities at 701-483-2148