Reasons to Consider Blue Hawk Music
- A dedicated, creative, and highly qualified music faculty with national and international recognition.
- A smaller, more individualized learning environment where you can grow and excel in the musical arts.
- You reinforce your learning by actively engaging your profession. We trust you with big projects such as the Northern Plains Music Festival, where you receive hands-on experience.
- DSU has a very long tradition of graduating fine performers and music teachers who have pursued international careers. If you are willing to work hard, we would love for you to join their ranks.
For more information contact Dr. Brent Rogers.
For more information please contact Dr. Jeremy Wohletz.
Current Student Resources
Brass jury sheet - Jury sheet for players of brass instruments.
Percussion jury sheet - Jury sheet for percussionists.
Piano jury sheet - Jury sheet for pianists.
String jury sheet - Jury sheet for string players.
Voice jury sheet - Jury sheet for vocalists.
Woodwind jury sheet - Jury sheet for players of woodwind instruments.
Sophomore Gateway Exam information - Information on the Sophomore Gateway Examination required for advancement to upper-level study in music.
Senior recital information - Information regarding the required senior recital.
Brass recital - Recital evaluation form for players of brass instruments.
Percussion recital - Recital evaluation form for percussionists.
Piano recital - Recital evaluation form for pianists.
String recital - Recital evaluation form for string players.
Voice recital - Recital evaluation form for vocalists.
Woodwind recital - Recital evaluation form for players of woodwind instruments.
Health and safety depend in large part on the decisions of informed individuals. The information below is provided as a resource for our students, faculty, and staff. It is not designed to diagnose or treat specific medical issues. The DSU Music Program encourages any student, faculty, or staff member to consult a medical professional about health issues. If requested, the Music Program can provide resources related to making contact with licensed medical professionals.
Repetitive Stress Injuries
- Hearing Health Foundation
- Understanding Tinnitus
- Hearing Loss and Decibel Levels
- Decibel Comparison Chart
- Dangerous Decibels
- American Tinnitus Association
General Musician's Health
- Anxiety Coach
- Stage Fright (Overcoming Performance Anxiety)
- Conquering Stage Fright
- The Musician's Way
- 6 Golden Rules for Conquering Performance Anxiety
Safe Lifting and Equipment Transport