Blue Hawk Promise
What is the Blue Hawk Promise Scholarship?
The Blue Hawk Promise Scholarship provides financial assistance to eligible students to use towards tuition costs of their undergraduate academic programs. The scholarship is applied after gift aid, grants, scholarships, and tuition waivers have been utilized to cover the difference between the aid package and the remaining tuition.
Who qualified for the Blue Hawk Promise Scholarship?
For full consideration, students must meet the following criteria during the 2024-2025 academic year:
- Be a North Dakota, Minnesota, Montana, or South Dakota resident and a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Be a new, first-year, or transfer degree-seeking student beginning in the fall of 2024.
- Submit a 2024-2025 FAFSA and be Pell-eligible.
- Enroll full-time (12+ credits per semester) for fall and spring semesters.
- Be in good academic standing (2.0 GPA) and meet Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Be enrolled in a program or course of study that applies to a degree or certificate.
- Not be in default on a federal loan.
This scholarship may cover up to the total cost of tuition remaining after all other scholarships, grants, and tuition waivers are applied. This scholarship is only applied after all other types of gift aid are utilized. As a result, the dollar amount of the scholarship will vary depending on the amount of other gift aid received. Tuition is calculated based on the number of credit hours you enroll in and does not count the cost of fees, room, and board, or books and supplies. Scholarship awarding is on a funds-available basis, so students are encouraged to apply early.
How do I apply?