Questions? Contact Us.
Stickney Hall, Room 119
For 24/7 mental health referrals: FIRSTLINK support (dial 211) or text your zip code to 898-211 for contact with FIRSTLINK.
Dickinson State University Counseling and Health Services supports the mental health needs and concerns of students and contributes to the overall academic mission of DSU. We are committed to the well-being and success of our diverse student population.
Our goal is to empower you and advocate for your mental health needs. We offer:
- personal counseling services
- confidential consultation
- crisis intervention
- case management
- referrals to appropriate agencies
- outreach programming
EXCEPTIONS to confidentiality include:
- The counselor determines you are a threat to yourself or another person.
- There is suspected or actual abuse or neglect of a child, an elderly person, or a person with a disability.
- There is a medical emergency.
- Records are subpoenaed by a court of law.
Schedule an appointment
In Person: Stickney, Room 119
Starfish: Click here
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (The clinic is closed all legal holidays and campus closings.)
Alcohol Education Module
Instructions to Complete eCHECKUP TO GO Online Alcohol Education Module
- Log in to eCHECKUP TO GO.
- Watch the introductory video from Dr. Richard Meyer.
- Click the I have not completed the eCHECKUP TO GO previously button.
- You'll get a confidential ID number.
- Claim the ID number and click Begin.
- Complete the module. You must answer all questions in each section to move to the next section. Please answer each question truthfully.
- When you've completed the module, please print out a copy of the certificate. The certificate is the only way to verify you have completed the module.
- You can email a scanned copy of the certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Normal completion time for the module ranges from 30 minutes to 3 hours. Please take your time completing the module by answering all questions honestly and truthfully.
National Suicide Hotline 800-273-8255
For more information call 211 or visit www.myfirstlink.org
Community Action Partnership 701-227-0131
Poison Control 800-222-1222
St. Alexius Hospital and Health Center 701-456-4000
Sanford Health Clinic 701-456-6000
Sanford Walk-in Clinic 701-456-6111
Southwestern District Health Unit 701-483-0171
A.D.A.P.T., Inc. 701-225-7101
Badlands Human Service Center 701-227-7500
Summit Counseling Services 701-334-6242
Westwind Consulting Center 701-225-1050
Winds of Change Counseling Center 701-483-0230
Amen Food Pantry 701-483-4344
Badlands Choice Clinic 701-483-9553
House of Manna 701-483-5733
Stark County Social Services 701-456-7675
Contact any of the following for immediate assistance:
Local Police by dialing 911 if you are experiencing an emergency situation
Local Police non-emergency line 701-456-7759, 24/7
Campus Safety 701-290-1068
Campus Title IX Coordinator 701-483-2137
Domestic Violence and Rape Crisis Center 701-225-4506
Campus Health Services 701-483-2304
Veterans Administration 701-232-3241
Dickinson VA Clinic 701-483-1850
Veterans Crisis Line (National) 800-273-8255