Dickinson State University has launched a national search for the next vice president and provost for academic affairs. The goal is to welcome a new provost this summer, prior to the start of the 2023-24 academic year. The preferred application deadline for this position will be January 31.
The position is considered the second officer in command and is directly responsible to the President for planning, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of all academic programs, and for all matters pertaining to faculty appointment, retention, and evaluation.
The search committee consists of four faculty, five staff, one student and one community member including:
- Krissy Kilwein – search committee chair and director of human resources
- Brittany Hirth – assistant professor of English
- Jundong Chen – associate professor of computer science
- Joan Aus – chair and associate professor of education
- Tim Kessel – assistant professor of business and finance
- Stacy Wilkinson – academic affairs coordinator
- Kayla Noah – dean of students
- Rus Kiser – director of international programs
- Rich Wardner – Senator (ret.)
- Abbie Kludt – student representative
- Ty Orton – DSU Heritage Foundation executive director
Dr. John Miller, who is currently filling the position on an interim basis since last July, will conclude his service at the end of the academic year.
“We are very grateful for the service of Dr. John Miller as our interim vice president and provost,” said Steve Easton, DSU President. “His experience and wisdom have been major assets for DSU during this school year.”
For questions regarding the open position, please contact director of human resources, Krissy Kilwein, at firstname.lastname@example.org.