Business Cards

Check with your supervisor if you should have business cards printed.  If so, submit your request here.

Campus News

University Relations is your communications center on campus. Graphic design, media relations, event advertising and promotion, and website management are coordinated through this office. To learn more about how University Relations can support you, call 701-483-2787.  The office coordinates campus wide communication including a weekly news digest, bi-monthly campus newsletter, and social outreach (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and News Blog).

Continuing Education

Faculty and staff are allowed to take a limited number of classes per academic year, tuition-free, with the approval of their department chair or supervisor by completing the Tuition Waiver Form. Classes may be taken at DSU or at any of the other institutions in the North Dakota University System. Spouses and dependents of faculty and staff also are eligible for tuition waivers at DSU. However, there are some restrictions. Contact Human Resources at 701-483-2530 for more information.

Copy Code

There are copy machines and fax machines located throughout campus. Your department chair or supervisor can explain the location and operation of your department's machines and provide you with an access code.


The Perch is located in the lower level of the Student Center. There are a variety of meal plans to choose. Contact Sodexo at 701-483-2014 to inquire, or sign up for the convenient option of Payroll Deduction by contacting HR at 701-483-2329, or stop by May Hall 309.


If you need to add, update, or delete a directory, submit your request via the Directory Request Form.


Complete your emails with an E-Signature designed for you by University Relations.


Be sure to talk to your supervisor about what keys you will need in order to access various facilities. If new keys are needed, complete the Key Request Form.

Name Plates, Tags, Signs

Ask your supervisor if you are to have a desk nameplate, door sign, and/or name tag. Complete the Office Signage form to request one, two, or all three.

Parking Pass

Stop by Public Safety in the Student Center to receive one or more parking passes to avoid those pesky parking tickets while you are working on campus. Stop down at the office with your EMPL ID number and your vehicle information to be issued your pass(es). 

Photo ID  

Once your payroll forms are completed and you have your EMPL ID number, stop by Public Safety in the Student Center to get your Photo ID. There is no charge for this service, but don't lose your ID card! There is a replacement fee for lost or stolen cards. Your ID will admit you to most campus and athletic events and will provide you with after-hour building access. 


If you have a maintenance request, fill out a work order request form here and Facility Operations will address your needs.

Scheduling Events

Please use this form to: Request facility reservation; Request security at an event; Request parking accommodation for campus guests; Request technical support at an event you are hosting on campus; Submit an item to the DSU Event Calendar; Request graphic design assistance; Request a press release be written; Request advertising and promotion assistance for your event

Once your space is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation from DSU facility operations. Facility operations will add your event to the DSU event calendar. If you need to make changes please contact facility operations at 701-483-2148 or

Please submit all request at least 3 weeks prior to your event. 

Staff Photo

Contact University Relations at 701-483-2787 or to have your photo taken for the directory and any DSU publications you may be featured in.


FERPA/Data Privacy

If you will be dealing with student records you will need to take the FERPA training before you can obtain access to those records. Contact the Registrar in Academic Records at 701-483-2535 to register.

Title IX/Harassment

All employees must complete Title IX/Harassment Training. Contact the Title IX Office at 701-483-2370 or to register.


All full time benefited employees will receive an email from the Controller to complete Fraud/Theft training once a year.

Internal Controls

Business Affairs will send an email to all employees required to complete this training during the spring of each year. 


Requests to travel at the institution's expense must first be approved by your department chair or supervisor. See the DSU Faculty Handbook or the North Dakota University System Human Resource Policy Manual, Policy numbers 20.5 and 31 for more information. Contact Business Affairs at 701-483-2328 or to set up a training on all Travel Expense Procedures. The University highly recommends that all staff, faculty, and possible student drivers take a defensive driving course. To find out when the next course will be offered contact Facility Operations at 701-483-2148. Complete the Vehicle Request Form to request a state fleet vehicle.