New Employees

Questions? Contact Us.

Office of Human Resources
May Hall, Room 309

Call 701-483-2476

Congratulations on accepting a position with Dickinson State University! On this page you'll find several resources to help you settle in and get acquainted.

Check with your supervisor to see if you should have business cards printed. If so, place a business card order by going to the Print Material Request Form.

University Relations is your communications center on campus. This office coordinates graphic design, media relations, event advertising and promotion, and website management. To learn more about how University Relations can support you, call 701-483-2787. The office coordinates campus-wide communication including a weekly news digest, monthly campus newsletter, and social outreach (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and News Blog).

You can take a limited number of classes per academic year, tuition-free, with the approval of your department chair or supervisor by completing the Tuition Waiver Form. You may take classes at DSU or at any of the other institutions in the North Dakota University System. Your spouse and/or dependents also are eligible for tuition waivers at DSU. However, there are some restrictions. Contact Human Resources at 701-483-2476 for more information.

There are copy machines and fax machines throughout campus. Your department chair or supervisor can explain the location and operation of your department’s machines and give you an access code.

The Perch is in the lower level of the Student Center. There are a variety of meal plans available to you. Contact Sodexo at 701-483-2014 to inquire.

If you need to add, update, or delete directory information, submit your request via the Directory Request Form.

Complete your emails with an E-Signature designed for you by University Relations.

Be sure to talk to your supervisor about what keys you will need to access various facilities. If you need new keys, complete the Key Request Form.

You have access to the physical and electronic resources available in Stoxen Library. Log in using your campus credentials to view full text and streaming video resources. Stop by Stoxen Library to check out print and physical resources. Call 701-483-2135 with any questions.

Ask your supervisor if you are to have a desk nameplate, door sign, and/or name tag. Complete the Office Signage Form to request one, two, or all three.

Stop by the Information Desk at the Student Center to receive one or more parking passes to avoid those pesky parking tickets while you are working on campus. Be sure to bring your EMPL ID number and your vehicle information.

Once your payroll forms are completed and you have your EMPL ID number, stop by the Information Desk at the Student Center to get your Photo ID. There is no charge for this service, but don’t lose your ID card! There is a replacement fee for lost or stolen cards. Your ID will admit you to most campus and athletic events and will provide you with after-hour building access.

If you have a maintenance request, fill out a Work Order Request Form and Facility Operations will address your needs.

Please use the Event Scheduling Form to request:

  • facility reservation
  • security at an event
  • parking accommodation for campus guests
  • technical support at an event you are hosting on campus
  • an item be added to the DSU Event Calendar
  • graphic design help
  • University Relations write a press release
  • advertising and promotion help for your event

Once Facilities confirms your space, they will email you a confirmation. Your event will then be added to the DSU Event Calendar. If you need to make changes, please contact Facility Operations at 701-483-2148 or

Please submit all requests at least three weeks before your event.

If you have concerns about a member of the university community or the community in general, please share it with us. All reports are reviewed and shared with the appropriate department for further review and response.

If you aren't sure where to go, whom to ask, or what to do with a concern, please reach out using the University Concern Form.  

Contact University Relations at 701-483-2787 or to have your photo taken for the directory and any DSU publications you may be featured in.

FERPA/Data Privacy
If you will be dealing with student records, you will need to take the FERPA training before you can access those records. Contact the Registrar in Academic Records at 701-483-2535 to register.

Title IX/Harassment
All employees must complete Title IX/Harassment Training. Contact the Title IX office at 701-483-2137 or to register.

All full-time benefited employees will receive an email from Human Resources to complete Fraud/Theft training once a year.

Internal Controls
Business Affairs will send an email to all employees required to complete this training during the spring of each year. 

Your department chair or supervisor must first approve your request to travel at the institution’s expense. See the DSU Faculty Handbook or the North Dakota University System Human Resource Policy Manual, Policy numbers 20.5 and 31 for more information.

Contact Business Affairs at 701-483-2534 or to set up a training on all Travel Expense Procedures.

The University highly recommends that all staff, faculty, and possible student drivers take a defensive driving course. To find out when the next course will be offered, contact Facility Operations at 701-483-2148. Complete the Vehicle Request Form to request a state fleet vehicle.