Questions? Contact Us.
Office of Human Resources
May Hall, Room 309
Congratulations on accepting a position with Dickinson State University! On this page you'll find several resources to help you settle in and get acquainted.
Please use the Event Scheduling Form to request:
- facility reservation
- security at an event
- parking accommodation for campus guests
- technical support at an event you are hosting on campus
- an item be added to the DSU Event Calendar
- graphic design help
- University Relations write a press release
- advertising and promotion help for your event
Once Facilities confirms your space, they will email you a confirmation. Your event will then be added to the DSU Event Calendar. If you need to make changes, please contact Facility Operations at 701-502-4406 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit all requests at least three weeks before your event.
If you have concerns about a member of the university community or the community in general, please share it with us. All reports are reviewed and shared with the appropriate department for further review and response.
If you aren't sure where to go, whom to ask, or what to do with a concern, please reach out using the University Concern Form.
Contact University Relations at 701-502-4441 or email@example.com to have your photo taken for the directory and any DSU publications you may be featured in.
All employees are encouraged to complete trainings as required.
- Blackboard Ultra
- https://online.dickinsonstate.edu/ultra/institution-page, contains trainings on Data Privacy, FERPA, Internal Controls, Procurement, Theft, Fraud, Abuse, Waste and Code of Conduct, as well as others and is accessed using your NDUS userID and password. If you have questions or need technology assistance, please contact the Technology Education Coordinator at 701-502-4312.
- Questions regarding specifics of the following training(s) can be directed to:
- Defensive Driving
- (required for anyone who will drive a state fleet vehicle on a monthly basis, must complete every four years; may be required for anyone who will drive a state fleet vehicle at the discretion of the supervisor) – Emergency Management Coordinator, 701-502-4421
- FERPA/Data Privacy Quiz
- (required for those that need access to Campus Connection) – Registrar, 701-502-4044
- Internal Controls Concepts and Application
- (required annually for those who have direct responsibility or involvement in cash handling, maintaining official records, budget control, compliance with laws and regulations, as well as those working in high risk functional areas) – Chief Operating Officer, 701-502-4067
- (required for those that have a P-Card or make purchases) – Controller, 701-502-4070
- Theft, Fraud, Abuse, Waste and Code of Conduct
- (required annually for all benefited employees) – Chief Operating Officer, 701-502-4067
- Defensive Driving
- Vector Solutions
- https://dickinsonstate-nd.safecolleges.com/, contains online trainings on Title IX, Drug and Alcohol Awareness, Distracted Driving, Emergency Management, Supervisory practices, as well as others and is accessed using your NDUS userID and password. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the Emergency Management Coordinator at 701-502-4421 or Director of Human Resources, 701-502-4304.
- Questions regarding specifics of the following online training(s) can be directed to:
- Title IX
- (required annually for all employees) – Title IX Coordinator, 701-502-2081
- Title IX
- https://dickinsonstate.policystat.com/, contains DSU policies and procedures that have to be acknowledged annually and/or upon change. The software is accessed by using your NDUS userID and password. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the Director of Human Resources, 701-502-4304.
Your department chair or supervisor must first approve your request to travel at the institution’s expense. See the DSU Faculty Handbook or the North Dakota University System Human Resource Policy Manual, Policy numbers 20.5 and 31 for more information.
Contact Business Affairs at 701-502-4392 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a training on all Travel Expense Procedures.
The University highly recommends that all staff, faculty, and possible student drivers take a defensive driving course. To find out when the next course will be offered, contact Facility Operations at 701-502-4406. Complete the Vehicle Request Form to request a state fleet vehicle.