Master of Entrepreneurship
In the ME program, you will experience a rigorous immersion into the nature of entrepreneurship and the entrepreneurial process and will learn through experiences and reflection. You will be encouraged, but not required, to start a venture while in the program. The program is a component of the entrepreneurship emphasis at DSU as home to the School of Business and Entrepreneurship and the Small Business Development Center. It's designed for students with a passion for entrepreneurship in for-profit, nonprofit, or public sector contexts.
Admission Steps and Requirements
- You must create an admissions account and then log in to submit the DSU Graduate Studies Application.
- There is a non-refundable $35.00 application-processing fee. You can pay by credit card, in-person, or by check. For questions or assistance, contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org, 701-483-2175, or (800) 279-HAWK.
- Admission to the School of Business and Entrepreneurship's (SoBE) ME requires a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or its equivalent from a school in another country. Official transcripts must be submitted to the Office of Admissions.
- Admission to the ME requires a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. If you have a GPA below a 3.0, you may be admitted based on documented potential.
Statement of Purpose
- You must submit a Statement of Purpose describing your interest in business studies. You will be judged on writing ability as well as statement content.
Letters of Reference
- You must submit two letters of reference in support of your admission to the program. Reference letters should be from prior academic advisors, faculty, professional colleagues, or supervisors who can attest to your ability to succeed within a rigorous academic environment.
- You are required to complete the SoBE ME Peregrine Entrance Examination located at https://micro.peregrineacademics.com/dickinsonstate and pay the exam fee of $40. The password to access the entrance exam is DSUND-1001. The registration process will take five minutes, and the remaining exam questions will take approximately one hour.
- To ensure success within the MBA program, students that don't meet the baseline score in business fundamentals will be required to complete academic leveling courses in the four fundamental content areas of accounting, finance, management, and marketing. Academic leveling courses are abbreviated, intensive-study, on average one week in length per course, in the content area, and can be completed feasibly before full admission is granted. The cost of each leveling course is up to $49. If needed, you can begin taking a leveling course immediately following the completion of the ME Peregrine Entrance Examination.
- Application materials will be reviewed as they are received by the chair of SoBe. Full acceptance is granted when you have submitted all required documents and meet the admission criteria.
- If you don't meet the requirements for full acceptance into the ME program, you may be considered for conditional acceptance for a period of time as determined by the chair of the School of Business and Entrepreneurship.
The Master of Entrepreneurship is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.