Hours and Contact Information
Facility Operations Hours
- Fall/Spring Semesters
- Monday-Friday – 7:45 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday – CLOSED
- Monday-Friday – 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday – CLOSED
Event Request and Agreement
Until DSU approves an Event Request Form and a Facility Usage Agreement is fully executed, there is no legal or binding agreement between DSU and the Event Sponsor making the request.
The Event Sponsor shall not advertise the event location until DSU has approved and confirmed the use of space submitted in the Event Request Form. Advertising such event(s) prior to this time may jeopardize future use of DSU facilities. DSU is not responsible or liable for costs/damages for advertising, printing, etc.
- Please request events through the DSU Event Request Form.
- You should submit the form at least seven (7) business days before the event. It’s up to Facilities to make any exceptions.
- Please request Dorothy Stickney Auditorium at least six (6) months before the event. DSU might not approve events requested fewer than six (6) months in advance. Be aware that this space requires additional approvals and fees.
- Once we receive the form, someone from Facilities will contact you to discuss room availability, technical needs, estimated fees, insurance requirements, and rental procedures.
- Facility Operations will give you a Facility Usage Agreement with the agreed upon dates, times, space, and estimated charge.
- You will print, sign, and initial the agreement and return it Facilities.
- We will email you a reservation confirmation.
- Facility Operations must receive written notice about anyone working on behalf the Event Sponsor.
Fees and Billing
- Invoicing occurs after the event, and payment is due in full within 30 days from the date of the invoice.
- We base the billing for events on the equipment requested and/or used, personnel necessary for the event, and actual time. Time begins with the agreement starting time—including set up time—and ends at the time the space is clear and restored to its original condition.
- If there are changes or additions to the event, the user (Event Sponsor) shall be responsible for any additional expenses.
- Facilities will provide an estimate of charges upon reviewing the application.
- If it’s necessary to cancel an event, you must notify Facility Operations no later than five (5) business days before the scheduled event. The Facility Usage Agreement outlines cancellation fees.
- Facilities must receive all date and time changes/cancellations in writing.
Facility Use and Services
- No outside food is allowed. Sodexo has right of first refusal. Please call them at 701-483-2014. All linens can be arranged through Sodexo.
- A secured guest wireless internet connection is available. Please let Facilities know you will need wireless internet connection.
- Guests need to sign the guest login sheet which Facility Operations keeps.
- DSU enforces parking regulations seven days a week.
- Parking is allowed in marked spaces in “Student/Visitor” lots only.
- The loading ramp behind Dorothy Stickney Auditorium is for loading/unloading or accessible parking only.
Event Sponsor will hold DSU harmless and indemnify it against any public liability and/or property damage liability which may arise or accrue by reason of the use of the premises by the Event Sponsor.
- As the Event Sponsor, you must give certificates of insurance to DSU and a copy of the additional insured endorsement showing DSU as an additional insured.
- The coverage must be for a minimum of $1,000,000.00 of liability.
- The Facilities office must receive the certificate of insurance by at least 30 days before the scheduled event or the agreement and the event may be cancelled.