Due to the predictions of a winter storm expected to bring high winds and snow accumulations of up to five inches on Tuesday, resulting in blizzard-like conditions in southwestern North Dakota, Dickinson State University has taken the following precautions:
- All classes will be conducted virtually on Tuesday, February 21.
- Residence halls and food service will remain open.
- The DSU hosted NSAA conference tournament basketball games and associated events will proceed as scheduled as the teams have already arrived in Dickinson. Students who live on campus can continue to plan to attend these events. It is not recommended that students or employees travel to attend the games.
- Dickinson State employees are authorized to work remotely on Tuesday, February 21, unless the employee’s supervisor determines that the employee must be on campus to provide essential services. If supervisors have any questions, please contact Krissy Kilwein in Human Resources at 701.502.4304. For general campus questions, please contact Interim Vice President/Provost John Miller at 701.502.2049.
- If snow amounts match approximate predictions, those who study or work at Dickinson State should anticipate that facilities staff will need time to remove snow drifts from campus sidewalks, roads, and parking lots.
- DSU will continue to monitor the storm. More information will be released once its available.