Dickinson State University is excited to announce that starting fall 2024, the university will begin offering the Blue Hawk Promise Scholarship, waiving tuition costs for incoming, first-year or transfer degree students.
The scholarship will provide financial assistance to eligible students to use towards tuition costs of their undergraduate academic programs. The scholarship may cover up to the total cost of tuition remaining after all other scholarships, grants, and tuition waivers are applied. The Promise Scholarship correlates with Dickinson State’s commitment to tuition costs – keeping the cost of education at Dickinson State as low as possible.
“As an institution that has committed itself to a four-year tuition freeze to keep the cost of attendance as low as possible, DSU is excited to offer an additional way for our new students to help pay for their education,” said DSU President Steve Easton.
For full consideration, students must meet the following criteria during the 2024-25 academic year to be eligible:
- Be a North Dakota, Minnesota, Montana, or South Dakota resident and a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Be a new, first-year, or transfer degree-seeking student beginning in the fall of 2024.
- Submit a 2024-2025 FAFSA and be Pell-eligible.
- Enroll full-time (12+ credits per semester) for fall and spring semesters.
- Be in good academic standing (2.0 GPA) and meet Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Be enrolled in a program or course of study that applies to a degree or certificate.
- Not be in default on a federal loan.
- Submit a scholarship application.
This scholarship is only applied after all other types of gift aid are utilized. As a result, the dollar amount of the scholarship will vary depending on the amount of other gift aid received. Tuition is calculated based on the number of credit hours. It does not include the cost of fees, room and board, or books and supplies. Scholarship awarding is on a funds-available basis, so students are encouraged to apply early.
For more information and how to apply for the new Blue Hawk Promise Scholarship, please
contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com or 701-502-4390 or visit dickinsonstate.edu/promise.