Dickinson State University will host its 2022 Homecoming Oct. 9-16. The theme, selected by DSU students, is Bustin’ Through the Decades.
“Homecoming is always an exciting time on our campus as we welcome former students and other friends and supporters that we don’t get to see as often as we would like,” said DSU President Steve Easton.
The DSU Campus Activities Board has been busy since March 2022 developing the theme and subsequent design for the celebration, holding a contest for students to create the winning image. This design will be featured on posters, be part of parade floats, and appear on t-shirts.
In addition to the many activities that students can participate in during the week of festivities, the DSU and Dickinson communities are invited to the 2022 Homecoming concert, volleyball tailgate and game, magician Joel Meyers, pep rally, parade, and football tailgate and game.
“We hope the community will join us as their hometown university to celebrate DSU,” stated Ty Orton, DSU Heritage Foundation executive director. “We could not do what we do without the support of Dickinson.”
The 2022 Homecoming community event schedule:
Monday, Oct. 10
- 7 p.m. – Band and Choir Concert – DSU’s Stickney Auditorium
Tuesday, Oct. 11
- 5 p.m. – Volleyball Tailgate – Wienbergen Gymnasium
- 6 p.m. – Volleyball game – Dickinson State vs. Valley City State – Scott Gymnasium
Wednesday, Oct. 12
- 8 p.m. – Magician Joel Meyers – DSU’s Stickney Auditorium
Thursday, Oct. 13
- 7:30 p.m. – Pep Rally – Scott Gymnasium
Saturday, Oct. 15
- 9 a.m. – Parade
- 10 a.m. – Tailgate (free admission) – Biesiot Activity Center parking lot
- 1 p.m. – Football game – Dickinson State vs. Waldorf University – Biesiot Activity Center